The Mashed Potato

The Mashed Potato

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mashed Potato

Yesterday I was in the girls room watching them play together, which by the way is so cute because now that Brooklyn is walking Gracee plays so good with her. It is very entertaining. Anyways, Gracee pointed up in her closet and said, "Mom can you please get me that mashed potato down?" I went over to the closet to look around, paused, and thought to myself, What exactly am I looking for? Did I leave some left over mashed potatoes in a bowl in the closet? Does Gracee's play-kitchen have play-mashed potatoes that I am unaware of? More importantly how did any of those things get that high in the closet?



I looked back at her, hands digging through endless amounts of toys, and asked ever so gently,"What did you want me to grab?" She said with out hesitation, "The Mashed Potato." What the heck is going on here?? I replied,"What Mashed Potato?" She looks at me as if I have gone blind, and says,"That right there, don't you see it? The MASHED POTATO!" I looked again to right where she way pointing.



Then I saw it. Fairly large. Brown. Mustache. Bulgeing eyes. Tounge hanging out. A hat. Heels. One ear and one arm.



MR. Potato Head.



She wanted the mashed potato. I have not laughed that hard in a long time.






4 comments:

Unknown said...

I laughed out loud when I read this. Too Cute!
Love ya

The Perrones said...

Well, when you need mashed potatoes you need mashed potatoes, I know the feeling. Good to see you finally got this thing going. See it's a lot easier than it looks. And you did a really good job, but we need to see more pictures of the stinkers. You also have to get a webcam so we can talk to you guys. Maybe you can even call us on the phone one day, who knows.

Boose said...

I LOVE it, I LOVE it, I LOVE it....I thought it needed some chanting :) Miss you guys and can't wait for more stinker blogs. Love you guys!

KrisD Mauga said...

Luv it!!! Too funny!!!!